The Tucson Petanque Club is located in Tucson, Arizona, USA.
- We play at the Reid Park bandshell terrain at 2 pm on Sunday afternoon.
- Visitors and beginners welcome.
- If you have boules, bring ‘em. If you don’t, we have guest boules.
- If you’d just like to come down and watch, feel free.
- Bring a bottle of water. It’s easy to get dehydrated in Tucson.
Signing up for email notifications
If you already have a WordPress login, you can follow us by clicking on the blue Follow Tucson Petanque Club button, and logging in.
Otherwise…To receive email notifications of upcoming events and cancellations, look to the right and find the Follow Blog via Email heading. Beneath it, down below where it says Join X other followers, (1) enter your email address, and then (2) click the Follow button. Whenever news of an event or cancellation is posted, you will receive an email message. Each message will contain an “unsubscribe” link, so you can unsubscribe to these messages whenever you want to.
Lessons for new players
If you’ve never played before, don’t let that stop you — just come down and join us. We’ll give you a free, fast, five-minute, on the fly lesson and you’ll be good to go. If you would prefer a more leisurely lesson, drop us a message (below). Leave your name and phone number, and we will arrange to meet you before the start of regular play.
Buying a set of boules
In petanque, each player typically owns his or her own set of boules. If after trying the game with our guest boules, you want to own your own set, we can sell you a set of Petanque America leisure boules for $20. Or you can order your own boules online. For tips on buying boules online, visit the Buying Boules page. The best online store for petanque boules is the Petanque America online store.
The best way to contact us is to send us a message (below). Your comment will be sent to us via email, and (assuming you left your email address with your comment) we will be able to reply to you via email.
Reach the club president, Stephen Ferg, via telephone at (520) 664-4133.
For more information about the game of petanque—
- The first video on the FAQs page gives a great introduction in less than 3 minutes.
- The All about Petanque blog covers all the basics
- Petanque Portal USA has links to the most useful petanque web sites.
About Tucson parks
- Consumption of wine or liquor is prohibited in Tucson city parks. Consumption of beer (during a picnic, for instance) is permitted but requires a $25 permit.
- A Tucson city resident may reserve a ramada for an afternoon for $15.
See the list of rates and fees for park reservations.
- Ramada availability may be checked online and then reservations may be made via telephone. Reservations may be made for up to 6 months in advance. Weekend time-slots go quickly, and are usually booked several months in advance.
Two-minute video introduction to petanque