Harold Bell Wright Park is located in the Harold Bell Wright Estates, off of Wilmot between Speedway and Broadway. It is located behind the Murphy-Wilmot Library, but you can’t get to it from the library. (See Google Maps.)
There is good parking and nice shade trees. Restrooms are available in the library, a 3-minute walk across the soccer fields.
Access to the park is off of Wilmot. Wilmot is divided, so the best way to get to the park is to start from the intersection of Broadway and Wilmot.
- From the intersection of Broadway and Wilmot, go north. Stay in the right lane.
- Go through the first traffic light. This will be for the right-hand turn onto E. Carondelet Drive and St. Joseph’s Hospital.
- Get in the right-hand lane. You will pass the Murphy-Wilmot library on your right.
- Go through the second traffic light. This will be for the left-hand turn onto 5th Street.
- After the light at 5th street, go past the church/school and take the first right-hand turn. There is a sign for Harold Bell Wright Estates. The street is Brian Kent Street.
- Proceed one block.
- Take the first right (south) onto North Corinth Avenue.
- Proceed one block. You will see the park. Park your car.